IRCC requires proof your relationship is genuine in order to sponsor your partner or partner for Canadian immigration.
In Canada and become a permanent resident if you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who’s in a relationship with a international national, you might sponsor that person to join you. You may possibly sponsor your partner, typical legislation partner or partner that is conjugal.
To be eligible for spousal or common-law partner sponsorship, you should be able to prove the connection with the sponsored individual is genuine by giving proof and paperwork that is supporting. Certain requirements for proving your relationship will depend on whether you do have a partner or partner.
Proving a relationship with your spouse
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) supplies a listing of documents which you can use to prove your spouse to your relationship including:
• A completed IMM 5532 questionnaire titled “Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation”
• A wedding certificate and proof that the wedding had been registered with a federal government authority
• Proof of a divorce or separation in case your spouse was previously hitched
• For those who have kids in keeping, long-form birth certificates or adoption records that state the name of both moms and dads
• Wedding invitations and photos
Partners may also be expected to provide documents from at the least two regarding the following:
• proof joint ownership of domestic property
• Rental agreement showing the couple are occupants of this property
• Evidence of joint utility records (such as electricity, fuel, phone, internet), joint credit cards or bank reports
• Auto insurance showing the couple have actually both been declared to the insurance carrier as residents regarding the target that is same
• Government issued identification showing the address that is same such being a driver’s license)
• Other documents showing that the couple have actually the target that is same such as phone bills, pay stubs, tax documents, etc.)
Proving a relationship with your partner
IRCC also supplies a list of paperwork that can be used as proof to show your lover to your relationship including:
• A completed IMM 5532 questionnaire entitled “Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation”
• Evidence of separation from a partner that is previous either individual was previously hitched
• A completed IMM 5519 form if either person in the couple once was in a common-law relationship with someone else
• Long-form birth certificates detailing the names of both moms and dads if the couple have young ones in keeping
• Photos of this couple together
Partners additionally need to offer at the very least two of these following sets of papers (or even a written explanation if you are struggling to offer documents from at least two regarding the following):
• Documents showing the few is recognized as being in a common-law relationship (such as for instance employment or insurance coverage advantages)
• proof of provided expenses or support that is financial the couple
• Evidence that the relationship is identified by buddies and/or family (letters, social media marketing information showing the connection is general public)
If the few is residing together, they have to provide documentation of at the very least two of this after sets of documents:
• Evidence of joint ownership of residential home, or agreement that is leasing the couple are occupants of this home
• Evidence of joint utility reports (such as for example electricity, gas, phone, internet)
• Joint credit cards or bank reports
• Car insurance showing the couple have actually both been announced to your insurance provider as residents associated with target that is same
- Government issued identification showing the same address (such as a driver’s license)
• Other papers granted towards the couple showing they will have the target that is same such as cell phone bills, pay stubs, economic statements, tax records, insurance policies, etc.)
If the couple isn’t residing together, they should show evidence they formerly lived together for a minimum of one by presenting year:
• Evidence they’ve been in touch together via letters, texts which have been printed, e-mail, social networking conversations, or other papers showing they are in touch. This will be considered a optimum of 10 pages.
• Evidence that the citizen that is Canadian permanent resident has visited their partner via flight tickets or boarding passes, passport photocopies with stamps. A conclusion needs to be included by the sponsored individual within the IMM 5532 questionnaire (component C, concern 4) if visits did not occur.